European roulette is the most popular variant of roulette, both in land-based casinos and online. Because of the 2.63% house advantage, European roulette is more popular than any other variants.
As we have already mentioned, is the European roulette wheel. It has 37 divisions where numbers 1 through 36 can be found, while 0 can also be found. The numbers 1 through 36 are alternately marked in red and black while the single zero is indicated in green.
Any player’s main goal is to predict which numbered pocket the ball will settle into. To do this, players place bets on a number and the dealer spins the wheel in the opposite direction. The respective player gets paid once the ball lands in the pocket with the particular number.
The basic rules of the game
The betting process for European roulette online is quite simple. To play European roulette online, the player must place their chips on the desired wager and then press the ” spin” button. After the round ends, the player can choose to either place another bet (” Rebet“) or to quit the game (” Clear Bets“) button.
The betting process at land-based casinos is the following.
The roulette table is usually attended by four members of the casino staff. They are two of the croupiers, and their primary function is to place bets and turn the wheel. Two other casino employees are ” table end” (” tableau“) or ” supervisor“, who ensure that the game runs smoothly.
The average number of people at the roulette table is between 1 and 8. Once the croupier says ” Place your wagers” or ” Faites vos jeux“, the game of roulette begins. Now, players can place the types of bets that we will discuss later in this article. The croupier then places the ball on the roulette wheel. The croupier will call out “No more Bets” as soon as the ball is down to two revolutions.
If any bets were placed after this point, they would usually be ignored. The croupier announces the winning number after the ball falls into one of 37 numbers pockets. All winning bets will be paid out, but all losing wagers are forfeited to the house.
There are many types of bets available
The roulette table’s betting layout is divided into two sections: bets on individual numbers or group bets.
European roulette offers two types of bets: inside and outside. While inside bets can be placed on one number, adjacent numbers or small groups, outside bets cover larger numbers.
Most bets have different odds of winning and pay out different amounts. These payouts and chances of winning are not usually listed on the board. The exception is the payout for the column bet. Players should be aware of the odds and payouts for each bet before they enter the game.
Let’s take a look at the inside and outside bets for European roulette.
1. Straight Up Bet: This bet can be placed on any number, even 0. It can also directly place on the number. It pays 35 to 1.
2. Split Betting: This bet features two numbers adjacent and is placed on the line in between them. It can also be 0 or 1, 0, 2, 0, and 3. The payout is 17:1.
3. Street Bet – It displays all three numbers in one row and is placed at the end. It can be placed on any of the following lines: 0, 1, 2,; 0, 2, 3, or 4. Its payout is between 11 and 1.
4. Corner Bet – This bet features a group consisting of four numbers. It is placed in the corner where the four numbers touch. You can also place the bet at the corners of 0, 1, 2 and 3. The payout is 8:1.
5. Line Bet – It has six numbers or two rows of three numbers and is located at the end of the two rows on the border. It pays 5 to 1.
1. Column Bet – It is a complete column that appears in the “2-1” box at column’s end. It pays 2 to 1.
2. Dozen Bett: This group of 12 numbers can be placed in the ” 1st 12“, ” 2nd 12“, or ” 3rd 12 ” boxes (25 to 36). The payout is between 2 and 1.
3. Bet on Color – It includes all the red numbers and all the black numbers. It is placed in the ” Black” or ” Black ” boxes (all red numbers), respectively. The payout is 1 to 1.
4. Bet On Odd/Even – It displays all even and odd numbers on the layout. It is placed in the ” Even ” box (all even numbers), or the ” Odd_” box (“all odd numbers”). The payout is 1 to 1.
5. Bet on High/Low: This bet features all low numbers as well as all high numbers. It is placed in the ” Low ” box (numbers 1-36) or ” Hi” (numbers 19-36). The payout is from 1 to 1.
If a player makes an even-money bet (Red/Black or Even/Odd), and the winning number of the bet is 0, they can take advantage the ” En Prison” rule. As we have explained, the player will receive either 50% or the entire amount of the bet. If the bet is a winner, the player will receive 50% of the bet.
When the ball falls into the 0 pocket, half of the even-money bets outside will be returned to the player.
Berlin has a slightly different situation. Even-money bets outside of the money will be confiscated if the ball falls into the 0 pocket. If the player emerges as the winner of the next spin, the bet that was imprisoned will be returned to him or her. The house will surrender the bet if the player does not win on the next spin. Players in Berlin have the right to ask for the release of a bet that is not an even-money bet.
The bet in France is placed at several casinos on an ” even chance line
If the player places a bet on color, such as black, but the winning number of the game is 0, the bet will go on the line below black diamond. If the ball lands in a black-colored pocket the bet will be removed (freed). The house will surrender the bet if the ball falls into a red-colored slot. The bet will stay on the line until the spin/spins are on 0. The player can also choose to forfeit 50% of their bet instead of being imprisoned.
If 0 is spun in the Netherlands for 2 consecutive times, it will result in ” double imprisoned“.
To release the original wager, the player must make at least two consecutive winning bets. The house will surrender the bet if the player spins a third zero or any other number. The player can also opt to have half of the original wager returned to him/her, just as in Europe.